Almond Crusted Chicken With Strawberry Basil Balsamic Glaze
- 1/2 C. almond flour or almond meal (Panko can be used as well…the almond flour/meal is a great gluten free option)
- 1/2 C. slivered almonds, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. granulated garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C. strawberry jam
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Approximately 2-3 T. The Olive Tap’s Basil Agrumato Olive Oil
- 2 T. chopped, fresh basil…plus additional for garnish
For the Strawberry Basil Balsamic Glaze:
In a bowl mix together the jam, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, and 2 T. chopped, fresh basil. Stir until combined and set aside.
For the Almond Crusted Chicken:
Add the almond flour/meal, almonds, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic into a re-sealable bag. Rinse the chicken and dry off, and place in bag of crust mixture, shaking to coat one piece at a time. Place on wire rack on top of roasting pan and bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness and size of breasts) or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees), and the coating is starting to turn golden brown. You can also place the chicken under the broiler for an additional few minutes to get a nice crust.
On the Plates:
Slice the almond crusted chicken into strips. Drizzle with basil olive oil, and top with strawberry basil balsamic glaze. Finish with fresh basil garnish.
An Olive Tap original by Melanie, Long Grove, IL