Apple Cranberry Holiday Salad
- 8 C. mixed greens
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, 1/4″ cubes (we found a cheddar with cinnamon and apples blended in the cheese and it was exceptional!)
- 2 unpeeled, chopped apples (try Gala or Honeycrisp – anything with two tone coloring of red and gold)
- 3/4 red onion (sliced thin)
- Dried cranberries
- 3/4 C. walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Mia’s Blend 100% EVOO or any one of your favorite 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oils
Evenly distribute mixed greens onto chilled salad plates (1 c. each plate). Top greens with cheddar cheese, apples, red onions, cranberries and walnuts.
Measure extra virgin olive oil into a small bowl. Slowly add the balsamic vinegar, whisking continuously. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk until emulsified. Drizzle each plate with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
For this recipe we used a 1 to 1 ratio of oil to vinegar, creating a sweeter vinaigrette. If you would like to reduce the sweetness, alter your ratios to 2 or 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar.
An Olive Tap Original by Jean, Long Grove, IL