Blackened Tuna Mixed Green Salad with Coconut Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 Fresh Tuna Steaks
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Sesame Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Cajun Blackening Seasoning
- 2-4 T. The Olive Tap’s Grapeseed Oil or Avocado Oil
For the Salad:
- 6 C. spring mix salad greens
- 1/3 C. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 C. fresh pineapple (1/4” chop or Canned Crushed Pineapple, drained)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
Rinse the steaks under cold water and set them on a platter. Dry each steak by patting with a paper towel. Be sure to dry the platter of any remaining water. Brush each steak (both sides) with the Sesame Oil. Sprinkle each steak on both sides with the Blackening Seasoning. For more extreme blackened flavor, coat generously.
Heat a large skillet with Grapeseed or Avocado Oil. When hot, place your Tuna Steaks in the pan and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending upon desired level of doneness. When done, set aside on a cutting board.
In a bowl, whisk the Coconut Balsamic , salt, and pepper. Slowly add the Persian Lime Olive Oil whisking constantly until completely emulsified. Any unused vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Arrange the greens on four individual serving plates and add the onion. Slice each tuna steak (1/4” thick slices) and place on top of the salad. Whisk the vinaigrette again and pour 2 or 3 tablespoons over the tuna and salad. Garnish with chopped pineapple. Serve immediately.