Blueberry, Feta and Honeyed Walnut Salad
For Honeyed Walnuts:
- 1 C. walnut pieces
- 2 t. The Olive Tap’s Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 T. honey (you may substitute maple syrup)
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 8 C. combination of fresh spinach and arugula
- 1 C. blueberries
- 1/2 C. feta cheese, crumbled
- Thinly sliced red onion
For the Blueberry Herb Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
To make the Blueberry Herb Vinaigrette:
Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard, and set aside
To make the Honeyed Walnuts:
Preheat oven to 400. Combine olive oil and honey in a bowl. Add walnuts, and stir to combine. Place on baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Place in oven for about 10 minutes; stir halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Spread onto parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray and set aside to cool.
To assemble the salad:
Either in a large bowl or on individual serving plates arrange arugula and spinach. Add blueberries, feta cheese, and sliced red onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette (toss if in a large bowl), and scatter walnuts over the top. Serve immediately.
This salad is also wonderful with some sliced, grilled chicken breast over the top!
An Olive Tap original by Melanie, Long Grove