Grilled Tuscan Herb Steak
- 1 large T-Bone or Porterhouse Steak, about 1 inch thick (1 1/4 to 2 lbs)
- 1 T. (divided) The Olive Tap’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t. The Olive Tap’s Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality (or Riserva, if you like sweeter)
1. Heat up your grill to very hot, keeping briquettes or gas off of one side
2. Allow Steak to come up to room temperature, then rub salt and pepper into both sides of the steak. Rub or brush a small amount of olive oil to lightly coat.
3. Place steak over red hot coals or gas grill for 4 minutes until grill marks and some slight charring appear. Turn and cook 4 minutes more for the same appearance.
4. Move the steak away from direct heat and cook until desired degree of doneness.
5. Check with a meat thermometer. Remove from grill at 130 degrees for rare, 150 for medium and allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes. Brush on some additional Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and a little bit of Aceto 4 Balsamic Vinegar before cutting and serving.
Serves 2 to 4 depending on the size of the steak. Try our Balsamic Soy Roasted Mushrooms as a side dish
Recipe adaptation by Rick