Harvest Chopped Salad with Apple Balsamic Glazed Bacon
- 6-8 C. mixed greens
- 2 apples (chopped)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1/2 C. cheddar cheese or blue cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 8 slices of Balsamic Glazed Bacon, chopped (recipe below)
- 1 large or 2 small avocados (cubed)
- 1/4 C. dried cranberries
- 1/2 C. spicy sweet pepitas (recipe below)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil, Jalapeno Agrumato Olive Oil, or your favorite 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. Olive Tap’s Granny Smith Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Garlic Champagne Mustard
- The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Fine Sea Salt (to taste)
Balsamic Glazed Bacon:
- 8 slices bacon
- Ground black pepper
- The Olive Tap’s Granny Smith Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
Spicy Sweet Pepitas:
- 2 C. shelled pepitas
- 1/4 C. honey or maple syrup
- 1 large egg white (beaten until frothy)
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Saigon Vietnames Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread bacon on a rack and place in roasting pan. Sprinkle bacon with ground black pepper and roast in oven until crisp, basting bacon 2-3 times with Granny Smith Apple Balsamic Vinegar during cooking. Set aside to cool.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix pepitas with all other ingredients in a bowl. Spread into a single layer on baking sheet. Bake about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove from oven and separate pepitas while still warm. Allow to cool.
For Salad: Lay greens in a large dish. Layer with all other ingredients… spread pepitas on top. Dress with vinaigrette…Enjoy!
An Original Recipe Adaptation by Melanie, Long Grove