Littleneck Clams with Sausage and Bean Broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- The Olive Tap’s Smoky Bacon Olive Oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 lb. Portuguese chourico sausage, Andouille, or your favorite sausage
- 1 can or 1 1/4 C. dried cannellini, Great Northern, or your favorite heirloom beans, cooked and drained
- 3 C. white wine
- 2 C. of your favorite green (kale, spinach, etc)
- 3 dz. Littleneck clams, scrubbed
In a deep skillet, sauté chopped onion in Smoky Bacon olive oil. When onion is about halfway cooked, add garlic and sauté another minute. Add bacon and sausage and continue until they are thoroughly cooked. Add beans and wine, bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add greens and clams. Cover and simmer until the clams open, about 5-8 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls with plenty of fresh, crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of The Olive Tap Providence, Rhode Island.