Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Walnut Balsamic Glaze
- 16 oz. Pork Tenderloin, butterflied, and pounded to about 1/4 inch
- 4 C. fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- 2 T. dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 t. salt
- 1/2-3/4 t. cracked black pepper
- 6-8 slices bacon
- The Olive Tap’s Herbes de Provence Olive Oil or Holiday Herb Olive Oil
- The Olive Tap’s Cranberry Walnut Riserva Balsamic Vinegar. Also try Cranberry Pear or Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pan heat 1 T. Herbes de Provence or Holiday Herb Olive Oil. Add garlic and onions, and sauté until softened. Add cranberries, and spinach and sauté until wilted. Remove from pan and drain if there is a lot of excess moisture. Let it cool down just a bit, add goat cheese, and combine.
Lay out the butterflied pork tenderloin, and sprinkle with salt and pepper….saving some to sprinkle on outside of roast. Spread spinach and cheese mixture over tenderloin. Roll up starting on long side and then wrap in bacon starting from one end to the other. To complete the process tie with kitchen string along the entire roast about every 2 inches.
Brush the entire tenderloin with the Cranberry Walnut Riserva, Cranberry Pear or Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, and place on a roasting pan that has been drizzled with a little of the Herbes de Provence Olive Oil or Holiday Herb.
Place in the oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. You can also broil it for a few minutes at the end to crisp up the bacon a little more.
Let rest for a few minutes, slice, and drizzle with a little more Balsamic Vinegar to serve.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove