Strawberry and Brie Crostini with Honey and Mint
- 12 slices of French Baguette cut diagonally to 1/3 inch thickness
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (e.g. Arbequina, Ascolano, Mia’s Blend)
- 12 matching sized slices of Brie Cheese, approximately 4 oz.
- 6-8 strawberries, sliced
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 2 mint leaves, cut into very thin slivers (variation – you may substitute fresh basil for mint)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Very lightly brush some oil on the bottom of the baguette pieces, and place them oil side down on a baking sheet. Top each piece with a slice of Brie Cheese. Place the baking sheet on a middle or lower rack in the oven.
Bake the cheese topped baguette for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned and the cheese is melted. In the meantime, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey together, then pour over the strawberries and mix carefully to not crush/mash the berries. Remove the Crostini from oven the oven. Top with a few pieces of Strawberry, any remaining honey-balsamic mixture, and a scant few slivers of mint or basil. Serve immediately.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe Adaptation by Rick, from the “Cookin’ Canuck”