Apple Pear and Cheese Panini with Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
A mouth-watering, warm, sandwich layered with fruit, cheese and accented with our fall favorite Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar!
(try this with our Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar, too!)
- 2 T Herbes de Provence Olive Oil , or Holiday Herb Olive Oil (seasonal)
- 4-6 slices of a Gala or Cortland Apple (sliced thin)
- 4-6 slices of Bartlett Pear (sliced thin)
- 2 slices Italian Bread
- 1/4 – 1/3 C. Brie or Gorgonzola Cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 – 1 1/2 T The Olive Tap’s Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar
Prepare the bread, brushing with your choice of olive oil on one side of each slice. Spread the cheese equally on each side of the unprepared side of the bread. Layer thinly sliced apples and pears on top of the cheese, alternating layering for optimal balance of flavor. Drizzle the apples and pears with the Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar. Place the inside of each slice of bread together with the apples and pears on the inside (facing each other) with the prepared bread with the olive oil on the outside. Grill on a panini press or pan fry until warm and crisp.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Catherine