Baked Island Pork with Sweet and Sassy Vegetables
Delicious pork and vegetables with a hint of the tropics!
- 2 lb. pork roast, cut in 1″ cubes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting pork cubes
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper, sliced bite size
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 C. white wine or chicken stock
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. – 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
Dry pork and season with salt and pepper. Toss lightly in flour. Brown pork in 2 T. Chipotle Olive Oil in an oven safe pot. Remove Pork and de-glaze pan with wine/chicken broth. Add cut up vegetables and cook till they begin to soften. Add pork and pineapple back to pot and drizzle with Dark Chocolate Balsamic. Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 ½ hours.
Serve with rustic bread and a tossed green salad.
An Olive Tap Original by Cherie, Long Grove