Beet and Orange Salad
- 1 large red beet (tops on)
- 1 large golden beet (tops on)
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 orange
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Orange Agrumato Olive Oil *
- 1/8 C. The Olive Tap’s Satsuma Mandarin White Balsamic Vinegar or Orange White Riserva Balsamic Vinegar*
- Dried cranberries
*available in Select Locations
* or Blood Orange Olive Oil
Take the tops off the beets and reserve the leaves (wash thoroughly and dry). Roast the beets at 350°F for about 45 minutes. When cool peel and cut into small cubes. Chiffonade the beet tops and spinach.
Zest the orange. Remove the pith and discard. Separate the orange into sections and dice.
Whisk together the zest, Sorrento or Blood Orange Olive Oil and Satsuma Mandarin White Balsamic Vinegar. Put the beets, spinach, beet tops, pistachios, cranberries, orange and vinaigrette into a bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Mario, Downers Grove