Bison Burgers with Chipotle Caramelized Onions and Espresso Balsamic Glazed Bacon
The flavor combination in this burger is superb…use your favorite meat and enjoy…I happen to love Bison!
- 2 Bison Burgers cooked to your preference (see below…you can also certainly use beef, turkey, etc)
For the Chipotle Caramelized Onions:
- 1 large onion sliced into thin strips
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4 t. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Barbeque Seasoning (optional)
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste
To Top the Burgers:
- 2 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slices Espresso Balsamic Glazed Bacon
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
For The Chipotle Caramelized Onions:
Heat the Chipotle Olive Oil in a cast iron skillet (or skillet of your choice) over medium to low heat. Add sliced onions and cook slowly, stirring often, until they start to caramelize. At this point you can add the chipotle chili powder if using, salt, and Espresso Balsamic Vinegar. Continue to stir until balsamic vinegar evaporates and onions are coated and nice and brown. Set aside.
For the Bison Burgers:
I seasoned mine with The Olive Tap’s Smoked Bacon Sea Salt, and pan fried them in Chipotle Olive Oil for about 5 minutes per side…they are great grilled too! Add smoked Gouda and allow to melt.
To Assemble the Burgers:
On a bun add lettuce, bison patty with smoked Gouda, caramelized onions, Espresso Balsamic Glazed Bacon, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce.
An Olive Tap Original recipe by Melanie, Long Grove