Black Bean and Asparagus Salad
This beautiful, colorful, salad is full of flavor and also makes a great salsa with chips!
- 1/2 lb. asparagus (7 spears)
- 3/4 C. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Serrano Pepper Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 2 T. red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 t. jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 T. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling water. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Dice asparagus into 1/4-inch rounds. Combine with remaining ingredients. Chill before serving.
Recipe Adaptation by The Olive Tap from Original Recipe, 30 Spectacular Salads by Kelly Donlea