Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 lamb shoulder chops
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into large pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut in coins
- 5 celery ribs, with leaves, cut in slices
- 1/2 lemon, unpeeled, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 – 3/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Sherry Reserve Vinegar
- 26 oz. chopped tomatoes (I like Pomi brand)
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Curry Powder
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Ground Cumin
- 1/2 t. ground coriander
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 T. soy sauce (I uses Coconut Aminos for gluten free)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large fry pan, or dutch oven. Season chops on both sides with salt and pepper and brown…about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan add zucchini. carrots, celery, and lemon slices. Season with a little salt and pepper and saute until caramelized. About 20 minutes.
Stir in Sherry Vinegar, bring to a simmer, and deglaze pan. Vinegar will cook down and create a thicker sauce.
Empty tomatoes into a bowl. Add curry powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic, and soy sauce. Stir together to mix, pour into pan, and stir to combine with vegetables.
Return chops to the pan and spoon the sauce mixture over them.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the chops are fork tender.
These are delicious served over mashed potatoes, polenta, rice, or noodles. For a veggie option try zucchini noodles as well!
A recipe adaptation by Melanie, Long Grove, from Food.com