Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into chunks
- 1/3 C. chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. grated cheese of choice
- A drizzle of The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and herbs to taste–be generous (Ground fennel seeds are delicious in this.)
- Fresh tomatoes or sauce
- Fresh mozzarella, provolone, or your favorite pizza cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings: organic sausage, caramelized onions, fresh mushrooms, etc.
- The Olive Tap’s Basil Olive Oil-Fusion Crushed
In a food processor or Vitamix, pulverize cauliflower and onion with eggs, cheese, salt, pepper, herbs, and spices into a thinly shredded consistency. Spoon crust into a cast-iron baking pan or pizza pan. Drizzle with EVOO and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes in a 425° oven. Remove from oven and top with fresh tomatoes or sauce, cheese, and toppings and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes until crust is browned to your liking and cheese is sufficiently melted. Alternatively, the finished pizza can be broiled for 5-8 minutes at 500° instead. Finish with Basil Olive Oil and fresh herbs.
Recipe courtesy of The Olive Tap Medina, Ohio.