Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread
- 1 1/2 C. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 C. seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Jalapeño Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Avocado Oil
- 1 C. yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 C. milk
- 1/4 C. chopped pickled jalapeño peppers, or to taste
- 1 C. canned cream-style corn
- 1/2 lb. mild cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil an 8 x 11 inch baking pan. Preheat pan for 2-3 mins.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into pan, and bake until it sets and is lightly golden on top…45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 3-4 minutes to cool before cutting into 2-inch squares to serve.
Eat plain, with butter, or drizzled with one of our exquisite balsamic vinegars!
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Samantha, Wayland Square, Providence, RI