Chef Katie’s Walnut Banana Bread
- 3 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Saigon Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/3 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s French Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Mission, Sevillano, Arbequina)
- 6 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 C. Crème Fraîche
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 1/3 C. walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350º F. Oil 2 9x5x3 inch loaf pans, then dust with flour.
Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
In another bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar at medium-high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is pale and forms ribbons when the beater is lifted. Reduce to low speed and slowly drizzle in the oils. Mix in the bananas, crème fraîche and vanilla. Gently fold in the dry mixture and walnuts.
Divide the batter into the loaf pans. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Courtesy of Chef Katie Wojciechowski and Fuller’s Second Floor