Chef Pat’s Green Salad with Pickled Onion
- 1 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Premium White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 C. The Olive Tap’s Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or strong-tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Mixed spring greens
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 oz. mild goat cheese
- The Olive Tap’s Gourmet Grind Black Pepper
- The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
Heat 1 cup of the vinegar in a small saucepan. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved. Let cool.
Put the onions into a bowl and pour in the sugared vinegar. Make sure the onions stay submerged and refrigerate–the longer the better.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
Place the greens on salad plates and top with the tomatoes, goat cheese and pickled onions. Drizzle on the vinaigrette and serve.
Courtesy of Chef Pat McCoy and Fuller’s Second Floor