Vanilla Ice Cream with Blackberry Ginger Syrup
A sweet treat that may surprise you with its use of dense Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar as an ice cream topping. Add some fresh fruit and you have an elegant finish to any meal!
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1-2 fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3-4 fresh raspberries, washed
- 3-4 fresh blackberries, washed
- 1 T. chopped toasted pecans (optional)
In a small saucepan over medium heat, reduce the balsamic vinegar by one-half. It should reduce to about 2 tablespoons and reach a syrupy consistency.
Scoop ice cream into bowls. Top each bowl with a mixture of the berries. Pour the warm syrup over top and chopped pecans (if desired) and serve.
An Original Olive Tap Recipe by Melanie