Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Who doesn’t love a good stir fry? I know I do, and the beauty of it is you can add any protein and veggies and it always tastes delicious!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. Five-Spice Powder
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 oz. broccoli
- 8 oz. snap peas (cut in half if they are large)
- 8 oz. shredded cabbage
- 2 t. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Sesame Oil
- 2 T. soy sauce (or coconut aminos if gluten free)
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Serrano Pepper Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. hot sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 t. honey
*it’s great with Satsuma Mandarin Orange Balsamic Vinegar, too!
Combine Five Spice powder with salt and season chicken pieces. Heat a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and then chicken pieces. Stir fry until golden brown.
In the meantime combine sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, and honey. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
When chicken is golden brown and cooked through remove from pan and add broccoli and snap peas. Towards the end add cabbage and cook to desired doneness (I like my vegetables crispy). Add chicken back into pan, and pour sauce over all. Continue to stir fry until sauce slightly thickens and coats everything in the pan.
Serve with rice or delicious on it’s own.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove