Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A quick, easy, heathly meal!
4 Tbl hoison sauce
3 Tbl soy sauce
2 Tbl rice wine vinegar
1 Tbl The Olive Tap’s Roasted Sesame Oil, plus more for drizzling at the end
1 pound ground chicken
2 Tbl The Olive Tap’s Avocado Oil, or your favorite
Olive Tap 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
8 oz mushrooms, diced very small
1 8-oz can water chestnuts, drained and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 C sliced green onions, divided
2 small heads of butter or bibb lettuce
1. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sesame Oil. Whisk to combine.
2. Heat a Tbl of Avocado Oil (or EVOO) in skillet over medium heat, add ground chicken and cool until no longer pink. Break chicken into small crumbles as you cook. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
3. Warm the remaining Tbl of Avocado Oil (or EVOO), add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add water chestnuts, garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds or until aromatic.
4. Transfer chicken back into pan with vegetables along with half of the green onions.
5. Pour sauce over top of chicken mixture and stir to coat. Cook until sauce is warmed through, approximately one minute. Drizzle more Sesame Oil over chicken mixture if you like a stronger flavor. Garnish with more green onions.
Serve in lettuce cups.
Recipe by Tami, Long Grove