Chipotle Dark Chocolate Southwest Chicken Salad
Sweet Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and smoky Chipotle Olive Oil is the perfect vinaigrette to top this incredible combination of tasty southwestern ingredients.
- 6 C. shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 C. roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked, shredded and seasoned to taste with The Olive Tap’s Fajita or Taco seasoning
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 C. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 C. corn (if frozen, thawed; If canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar*
*or try with Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
With this hearty, twist on a southwest chicken salad, feel free to add or substitute ingredients to your personal taste preferences. Optional ingredients to consider as a garnish include:
- 1/4. C. cilantro, chopped
- Crushed tortilla chips or tortilla straws
Whisk together Chipotle Olive Oil and Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar until emulsified…set aside. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the Southwest Chicken Salad:
Combine lettuce and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the southwest chicken salad and toss to coat. Add any optional garnishes before serving and enjoy!
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove