Chocolate Walnut Mousse
An exquisite chocolate walnut mousse using The Olive Tap's French Roasted Walnut Oil and Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar. An Olive Tap Recipe Contest Winner!
- 6 ounces Semi-Sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 C. Milk
- 2 T. Honey
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s French Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 1/2 C. Heavy Cream, divided
- 1/4 C. Finely Chopped Toasted Walnuts
- 1 t. The Olive Tap’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Garnish- Grated Chocolate
Place the chocolate, milk, honey and walnut oil in a small saucepan. Over low heat stir till the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature. Beat 1 cup of the cream till soft peaks form; gradually fold into the chocolate mixture till just incorporated. Spoon into 4 dessert cups. Refrigerate till the mousse sets, about 1 hour. At serving time whip the rest of the cream till soft peaks form; fold in the walnuts and balsamic vinegar. Top each serving of mousse with whipped cream then garnish with the grated chocolate. Serves 4.
An Original Recipe by Roxanne Chan, California
Recipe Contest Winner: 1st Place Desserts