Creamy Artichoke Chicken
2 large Chicken Breasts sliced in half lengthwise, or 4 Chicken Thighs deboned and trimmed
Salt and fresh ground Pepper
4 tablespoons of The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Lemon Olive Oil, divided in half
5 garlic cloves. Minced
1 shallot, fine chopped
¾ cup Chicken Broth, more if you want extra sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 ½ to 2 cups Artichoke Hearts, cut into bite sized pieces
5-6 oz fresh baby spinach Coarsely chopped
This recipe can use Chicken Thighs or Breasts. If using breasts, take care not to overcook. Thighs are more forgiving of heat and stay moist and tender with a longer cooking time. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the Sorrento Lemon olive oil to drizzle lightly on the finished dish.
1. Cut Chicken breasts to make four thinner cutlets, or make sure to trim fat from thighs. Thicker thighs should be cut to be thinner as well. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up a large skillet on medium heat setting. When hot, add 2 tbs Sorrento Lemon Olive Oil. Allow the oil to get hot but not smoking and add chicken. Sauté on both sides till well browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and reserve.
3. Add the chopped shallot and garlic to the pan, stir briskly to soften, but do not let garlic burn, about 1 minute. Add ¾ cup of chicken broth and simmer for 1 minute more.
4. Reduce heat to medium low: Add the cream, parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts and spinach. Stir to combine. About 1 or 2 minutes. Try not to overcook the spinach.
5. Add the chicken and any juices back into the pan. Cook to thicken the sauce and finish cooking the spinach and chicken, about 8-10 minutes.
6. Season with more salt and pepper if desired, drizzle lightly with reserved Sorrento Lemon Olive Oil and serve. This dish can be served on top of some Angel Hair, Spaghetti, Linguini or other pasta that has been cooked and dressed with some extra Sorrento lemon Olive Oil for a more lemony flavor.
Recipe by Rick