Dark Chocolate Balsamic Crazy Cake
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup Walnut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup coffee or water
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square glass pan. In the greased pan, sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk lightly with a fork or small whisk to combine.
• You will make a total of 3 wells. In opposite corners, make a small well and in the middle of the pan, make a large well. Add the Balsamic Vinegar to one of the small wells, the vanilla to the other small well and the Oil to the large well. Pour the coffee (or water) over the top and whisk again to combine thoroughly.
• Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely. Sprinkle the cooled cake with powdered sugar or top with your favorite frosting. Enjoy!
Created during the Depression when eggs and dairy were scarse.
Recipe adaptation by Stephanie, Long Grove