Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Apples And Prosciutto
This dish is the perfect accompaniment to a roasted pork loin, or any other fall inspired meal. Give it a try…you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small to medium sized apples, diced
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 t. chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Jalapeño Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Granny Smith Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
*if you don’t want it spicy, use your favorite Olive Tap Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in Jalapeño and Garlic Olive Oils until soft and golden…being careful not to burn the garlic. Add prosciutto, apples, and thyme, and cook until prosciutto is slightly crispy and apples are nice and caramelized. Add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until tender and slightly golden, but still nice and green. Toward the end of cooking, add the Sour Apple Balsamic Vinegar and allow everything to come together and get nice and glazed. After plating, add an extra drizzle of Garlic and Jalapeño Oils to bring out some extra flavor.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove