Gnocchi with Spinach and Cannellini Beans
An easy, one-pot dish that is perfect for a cold winter night! Serve with a mixed greens salad (with your favorite Olive Tap Vinaigrette).
- 1 T. plus 1 t. your favorite of The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 16-ounce package gnocchi
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ C. water
- 6 C. chopped spinach (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
- ¼ t. freshly ground pepper
- ½ C. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ C. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat 1 T. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining 1 t. oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
A recipe adaptation from Eating Well Magazine