Grilled Espresso Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Cabbage Mango Slaw
4 Servings| Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Espresso Rub
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 t. honey
Cabbage Mango Slaw:
- 1 Head of Chinese Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 Scallions, diced (extra for garnish)
- 1 Mango, cut into cubes
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Chipotle Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 t. honey
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Himalayan Pink Salt
- Corn Tortillas
- Slices of lime and avocado for garnish
To prepare the Cabbage Mango Slaw:
Place sliced cabbage, scallions, and mango in a medium size bowl. In a small separate bowl, prepare the vinaigrette: whisk together juice of lime and honey. Slowly, while whisking, add in Chipotle Olive Oil and salt until emulsified. Set salad and vinaigrette aside until ready to assemble tacos. If you put the vinaigrette on at this point the slaw will get soggy, so it’s best to wait until right before assembly.
To prepare the Espresso Chipotle Chicken:
In a large bowl (or resealable bag) sprinkle espresso rub over chicken thighs and toss to thoroughly coat (this may be done ahead of time a kept refrigerated until ready to grill). Cook chicken on the grill until done, brushing with marinade mixture towards the end of cooking. Let rest for a few minutes and then slice.
To assemble the tacos:
Heat corn tortillas on the grill or stove top. Add vinaigrette to slaw and toss gently to coat. Place slaw on tortilla, top with chicken, and add sliced avocado, scallions, and fresh limes for garnish.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove