Grilled Fig & Garlic Chicken on Spring Mix Salad
For the Chicken:
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Roasted Garlic Olive Oil (may substitute Basil Olive Oil)
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
For the Salad:
- 6-8 C. of spring mix, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb. of Feta or aged goat cheese, crumbled
- Sliced red onion
- Slices of your favorite tomatoes
Whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic (or basil) olive oil and black pepper in a bowl. Drizzle and brush the mixture onto the chicken breasts to cover completely. Reserve any left over oil/vinegar mixture. Let chicken sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour up to 4 hours. Heat up gas/charcoal grill or a grill pan, and cook the chicken breasts till just done. Turn the chicken twice to each side creating a cross hatch pattern if desired. Use any leftover mixture to baste while cooking. Remove from grill when done, let cool, then cut into bite-sized strips, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
Prepare the salad greens, cheese, red onion and tomatoes by arranging on plates. Top with grilled chicken. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk the vinegar, black pepper and dried mustard together in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad and serve immediately.
An Olive Tap original recipe by Rick