Grilled Sweet Herbal Chicken on Mixed Greens
For the Chicken:
- 1/3 cup Olive Tap Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Olive Tap Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
For the Salad:
- 6-8 cups of mixed greens, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lb. of Feta or aged goat cheese, crumbled
- Sliced cucumber
- 1 Mandarin orange or tangerine, peeled and separated into sections
- Sweet Herbal Chicken strips
- 1/4 cup Olive Tap Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Olive Tap “Frutada” style 100% EVOO (Arbequina, Sevillano)*.
Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and salt in a bowl. Drizzle and brush the mixture onto the chicken breasts to cover completely. Reserve any left over oil/vinegar mixture. Let chicken sit covered in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour up to 4 hours. Heat up gas/charcoal grill or a grill pan, and cook the chicken breasts till just done. Turn the chicken twice to each side creating a cross hatch pattern if desired. Use any leftover mixture to baste while cooking. Remove from grill when done, let cool, then cut into bite-sized strips. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
*For additional herbal flavor, use the Herbes de Provence Olive Oil or a 50/50 blend of Herbes de Provence and EVOO.
Prepare the salad greens, cheese, cucumber and orange by arranging on plates. Top with strips of grilled chicken. Keep chilled until ready to serve. To make the vinaigrette, thoroughly whisk the vinegar, black pepper and dried mustard together in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a slow stream while continuing to whisk until it is emulsified. Pour over the prepared salad and serve immediately.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe