Honey Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 chicken breast halves (on the bone, with skin)
- 1 lb. small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1/3 C. The Olive Tap’s Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s French Roasted Walnut Oil or 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. The Olive Tap’s Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. fresh thyme
Using chicken on the bone and with skin keeps it moist and flavorful. If you must use boneless-skinless breasts, reduce total cooking time by 20 to 30 minutes.
Place chicken and potatoes in a large Zip Lock bag or bowl. Mix balsamic vinegar, honey, oil, mustard and seasonings in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture, and pour the remainder over the chicken and potatoes. Seal the bag and manipulate it to coat the chicken and potatoes. Let marinate 4 to 6 hours, or overnight (24 hours max).
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pour chicken, potatoes, and marinade into a large roasting pan. Roast 40 min, and then baste chicken with reserved glaze. Repeat basting every 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer and juices run clear (about 1 hour total cooking time). Arrange chicken and potatoes on plates or on a serving dish. Stir pan juices, and pour over chicken and serve.
Adapted by The Olive Tap from a recipe by Jean Marie Brownson, Dinner at Home