The ultimate comfort food with an Italian twist…a must try for the cool fall and winter months!
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin olive Oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 t. garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. bread crumbs
- 1 C. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality
- 2 T. chopped, fresh basil
- 1 T. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 C. marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat 1 T of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the peppers, onions and garlic. Sauté until just soft, remove to a plate and cool.
When peppers and onions are cool, combine all of the remaining ingredients together EXCEPT for the marinara sauce. Pack the meat mixture into an oiled loaf pan (if you do not have a loaf pan shape mixture on an oiled oven tray or baking dish). Top with marinara making sure to spread evenly over the top.
Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until and instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees in the middle of the meatloaf. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
A Recipe Adaptation from The Food Network, Michael Chiarello