Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad with a Lime, Coconut Pineapple, and Avocado Dressing
- 6-8 C. mixed greens (spring mix, baby spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1 C. thin sliced red onion (about ½ of medium size) plus ¼ cup finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper cleaned and seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 large skinless-boneless chicken breasts
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning or equivalent
- 3 – 4 T. The Olive Tap’s Persian Lime Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 C. Mango, medium (1/3 inch) diced
- 2 small avocados, medium (1/3 inch) diced
- ¼ C. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 t. lime juice
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Coconut Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper, more or less to taste.
- ¼ t. sea salt
Place a bed of greens on 4 plates. Spread sliced onions and pepper strips evenly over top of the greens, cover and refrigerate.
Coat the outside of the chicken with a small amount of Persian Lime Olive Oil, and then sprinkle Olive Tap Jamaican Jerk Seasoning all over to coat. In a skillet, over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of the olive oil and then the chicken. Cook on both side until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from heat and allow chicken to cool. Slice across the grain into 1/8 inch strips.
Coconut-Mango Avocado Dressing:
Gently toss 2 tablespoons of Persian Lime Olive Oil, Mango, Avocado, Cilantro, Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
When ready to serve, place sliced chicken on top of the salad base, then top with dressing.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Rick, Long Grove