Luau Lettuce Cups – Recipe Contest Winner
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Orange Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 ½ T. The Olive Tap’s Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 t. fresh peeled ginger, minced
- 2 t. chopped, fresh mint
- ½ t. salt
- ½ C. pineapple, cubed
- ½ C. avocado, cubed
- ½ C. cantaloupe or honeydew, cubed
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 4-large Boston Bibb lettuce leaves
- ¼ C. rough chopped macadamia nuts, toasted*
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ginger, mint and salt. Add the pineapple, avocado, melon and shrimp. Lightly toss to coat.
Place one lettuce leaf onto each of the four plates rib side down. Spoon equal amounts of avocado mixture in each then top with the macadamia nuts. Drizzle with additional Sorrento Orange Olive Oil. Serve immediately.
*To toast nuts, place in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake skillet often until nuts are golden all over about four minutes.
An Original Recipe by Margee Berry,
The Olive Tap Recipe Contest Finalist