Mango Kale Salad
- 1 Bunch kale, stalks removed and discarded, and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Jalapeno Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 t. Honey
- 2 T. The Olive Tap’s Serrano Pepper Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds and membranes removed if you want less heat)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Mango, diced small
- 3 T. toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
In a large serving bow,l add the kale, half of the lime juice, a drizzle of Jalapeno Olive Oil and a little kosher salt. Massage the kale until it starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining lime juice, honey, Serrano Pepper Honey Balsamic, diced jalapeno, and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stream in the 3 T. of Jalapeno Olive Oil while whisking until well blended.
When ready to plate, pour the dressing over the kale, and add the mango and pepitas. Toss and serve.
An Original Olive Tap Recipe Adaptation from Food Network by Melanie, Long Grove