Mario’s Pear and Baby Greens Salad
The sweetness of the pears, with the sharpness of the cheese, saltiness of the prosciutto, and a tangy vinaigrette make this a salad worth serving to guests!
- 3/4 C. diced shallots
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (especially delicious with Olio Nuovo!)
- 8 slices of pancetta or prosciutto, fried and crumbled
- 5 T. The Olive Tap’s Lambrusco Wine Vinegar
- 6-8 C. mixed baby greens
- 3 ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 C. red grapes, halved
- 1/3 C. chopped walnuts
- 2/3 C. crumbled Feta cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Lightly sauté the shallots in about 2 T. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil until they just begin to brown. Add the pancetta or prosciutto, and fry until golden and crisp. To the same pan add the Lambrusco Wine Vinegar, and the rest of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat slightly. Pour the dressing over the mixed greens while it is still warm. Toss. Top with pears, nuts, and Feta.