Melon and Prosciutto Bites
These bites are the perfect balance of salty, sweet, and slightly spicy. Along with a cucumber basil drizzle they make the perfect appetizer for a party. Make a bunch...they'll go quick!
For this recipe there really are no amounts. It all depends on how many you want to make. But the ingredients are as follows:
- Cantaloupe or melon cut into large cubes
- Prosciutto cut to fit on top of melon cubes
- Fresh basil, diced
- The Olive Tap’s Basil Agrumato Olive Oil
- The Olive Tap’s Cucumber Honeydew White Riserva Balsamic Vinegar
- The Olive Tap’s Sriracha Sea Salt (I like the bit of spice this adds, but feel free to use any sea salt)
Lay a piece of the prosciutto over the melon cube and stick a toothpick through to bottom. Arrange them all on a platter of your choice. Once they are all done combine the Basil Olive Oil, and Cucumber Melon Balsamic in a small bowl and whisk to combine. I made a dozen and used 1 T. of each the oil and vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over prosciutto melon bites, sprinkle with Sriracha Sea Salt, and sprinkle on diced basil. Serve immediately.
An Olive Tap Original recipe by Melanie, Long Grove