Oh So Orange Baby Spinach Salad
For the Orange Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 C. The Olive Tap’s Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 T. minced shallot
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- Hearty pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
For the Salad:
- 6 C. baby spinach
- 2 oranges seeded and cut into bite sized pieces (1/2 inch wedge cuts)
- Red Onion, medium sized, sliced thin with a few slices per salad
- ½ C. coarsely crumbled Feta or Blue cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, shallot, mustard and salt for 20 seconds. Continue to whisk vigorously, while slowly adding the olive oil until fully emulsified.
Arrange the spinach leaves, then onions, then the orange wedges. Pour the vinaigrette over each salad, then top with cheese* and crushed black pepper to taste.
*If unsure of guests’ preferences, serve the cheese in a bowl to allow guests to add as they wish.
An Olive Tap Original by Rick