Paprika Shrimp with Orange and Avocado Salsa
- 2 medium Naval oranges
- 5 T. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Orange Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into medium dice
- 1/3 C. thinly sliced scallions (from about 4 slender scallions, both white and green parts)
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. Spanish Paprika
- ½ t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 ½ lb. large (21 to 25 count) shrimp, peeled and de-veined
In the oven, position a rack 4 inches from the boiler and heat the broiler to high.
Segment the oranges. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl. Cut all of the orange segments in half crosswise and return them to the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the Sorrento Orange Olive Oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, the avocado, scallions, and lime juice to the oranges and toss gently to combine.
Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1-teaspoon salt, the paprika, cumin, and Tabasco in a medium bowl; stir well. Add the shrimp, tossing to coat. Arrange the shrimp on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Serve the shrimp with the salsa.