Parma Style Tomato Sauce
This versatile tomato sauce can be used in many applications...but equally delicious right over pasta!
- 4 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (your favorite)
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 C. red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 C. romano or parmesan cheese.
- 3-4 large basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil to medium-low in saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5-8 minutes. Add red wine and stir until the alcohol has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cheese and stir well.
Simmer uncovered 20-30 minutes. Add basil and cook 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.