An easy recipe blending the delicious, earthy flavor of porcini mushrooms with the creamy texture of risotto.
· ½ cup dried porcini mushrooms
· 2 tablespoons fruity Olive Tap 100% EVOO (Koroneiki, Italiano)
· 1 medium white onion, minced
· 8 cups chicken stock -low sodium (or 6 cups reg. + 2 cups water)
· 2 cups Acquerello Carnaroli or Arborio rice
· ½ cup dry white wine
· 2 tablespoons Olive Tap Porcini Olive Oil
· ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Over medium heat, gently simmer the dried Porcini mushrooms in the chicken stock. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, cook the onion in the EVOO over low heat until translucent but not brown. Increase the heat under the onions to medium and stir in the rice. Stir the rice constantly for about three minutes until the rice is evenly coated with the oil and just beginning to smell toasted. Add the white wine, stirring constantly to prevent sticking until it is absorbed. Remove Porcini mushrooms from chicken stock, chop and set aside. Start stirring in the stock, one cup at a time. Each cup must be absorbed before the next is added. Stir the risotto continuously adding all of the stock a cupful at a time. Take the risotto off the heat, add chopped porcini mushrooms and stir in the Porcini Olive Oil. Gently fold in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Olive Tap original recipe by Rick