Prosciutto Scallops with Aceto Balsamico di Modena (4 Leaf Quality)
Prosciutto wrapped scallops topped with our Aceto 4 Leaf Balsamic!
- 1/3 cup The Olive Tap Aceto Balsamico di Modena 4 Leaf Quality
- 9 paper-thin slices Prosciutto
- 18 large scallops, about 1 ounce each
- The Olive Tap Extra Virgin Olive Oil (e.g. Arbequina, Ascolano, Castile/Spanish Gold)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cut the Prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. Wash the scallops and remove and discard the small, tough side muscle. Wrap a strip of Prosciutto around the width of each scallop; don’t overlap it by more than an inch. Trim any excess bits of Prosciutto. Brush or spray the top and bottom of each scallop with olive oil and season with pepper.
Place the scallops, exposed side down, on the grate 1 to 2 inches apart. Grill over direct high heat until opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill. Place three scallops on each appetizer plate. Drizzle a spoonful of the balsamic glaze in a thin stream over and around the scallops. Serve immediately.