Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus Spears with Asiago & Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus spears
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto or dry cured ham
- 2 scallions, pale green and white parts only, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Coarsely grated asiago cheese
- The Olive Tap’s Spanish Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The Olive Tap’s Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 4 Leaf Quality
- Sea Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
Remove the bottom 1- 2 inches of the asparagus spears and discard. Brush tops with olive oil and grill till just tender. A very slight char is preferable, and brings out extra flavor. Allow to cool.
Slice Prosciutto lengthwise into 2-inch wide strips, and cut the scallion strips into 3-inch lengths.
Place a few scallion strips next to the asparagus spear and wrap tightly with the Prosciutto allowing the top of the spear to show. Place on a serving dish, drizzle with the Balsamic Vinegar, and top with Asiago cheese, sea salt and pepper.