Raspberry and Citrus Herb Goat Cheese Salad
- 4 oz. log of goat cheese
- 2 t. grated lemon zest
- 2 t. fresh, chopped thyme
- 2 t. fresh, chopped basil
- 12 leaves of Butter lettuce
- 4 C. fresh spinach
- 1/2 C. snap peas…each cut in half
- 1 C. raspberries
- A few pieces of thinly sliced radish (I used a mandolin)
- 1/4 C. sliced almonds
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Raspberry Agretti Fruit Wine Vinegar
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Lemon Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Basil Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 T. diced shallot
- A couple pinches of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
To assemble the goat cheese:
Spread herb/zest mixture on a small plate and roll the goat cheese around until it is fully coated. Very gently press into cheese so it adheres. At this point you can wrap it in plastic wrap until ready to use, or simply put in refrigerator until ready to slice. Keeping it chilled will make it easier to cut.
For the salad assembly:
In a small bowl combine diced shallot, Raspberry Agretti Vinegar, Lemon and Basil Olive Oil, and Himalayan Sea Salt. Whisk until emulsified and set aside.
Line 2 bowls with Butter lettuce (depending on the size of your bowls you may be able to make more than 2 salads). Top with snap peas, raspberries, radish, and almonds. Slice your goat cheese log and top each salad with 2 slices. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and serve.
An Olive Tap Original Recipe by Melanie, Long Grove