Raw Kale Salad
A flavorful salad with interesting texture and color. This recipe will open your eyes to the increasingly popular and healthy green, Kale! An Olive Tap Recipe Contest Winner!
- 1 Large bunch of kale
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Lambrusco Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove of garlic (freshly chopped)
- 1/4 C. pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 C. oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
Trim and discard the thick center rib from each leaf. Stack the leaves and cut into thin strips across the width. In a large bowl, toss the leaves with the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, pine nuts and tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the kale to soften slightly.
Check for seasoning, grind with freshly cracked black pepper and finish with a generous handful of Parmesan cheese. And there you have it, a Raw Kale Salad!
An Original Recipe Adaptation from Food and Wine Magazine by Linda Bull
Recipe Contest Winner: 3rd Place Salads