Roasted Trout with Herb-Champagne Vinaigrette
4| Prep Time: | Cook Time:
This herbaceous vinaigrette packs the flavor into any fish!
- 4 Skin-on boned Whole Trout (heads removed), about 14-16 oz. each
- Herb-Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 C. Chopped fresh Chervil or Chives
- ¾ C. Chopped, fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- 3 T. Roughly chopped Shallot (about 1 shallot)
- 3 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 T. The Olive Tap Champagne Vinegar
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap Scallion Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 C. The Olive Tap 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Coarse Sea Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
To make vinaigrette, put chervil or chives, parsley, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar and 1/4 cup of each olive oil in blender and puree. Transfer mixture to small bowl and stir in remaining olive oil. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Sprinkle inside of trout with salt & pepper. Arrange in a glass baking dish and spoon about half the vinaigrette over trout, both inside & out, rubbing vinaigrette into fish. Wrap with butcher’s twine across the body to close the cavity. Cover trout and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 500◦F. Transfer fish to a rack in roasting pan and roast 15 – 25 minutes, depending on the size of the trout, until flesh is firm and translucent. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette spooned over the top as a sauce.