Ruby Red Grapefruit, Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Shrimp, avocado, red onion and tart grapefruit tops a mixed green salad drizzled with delicious Ruby Red Balsamic Vinegar and Sorrento Orange Olive Oil dressing.
- ½ lb. cooked shrimp, cut into thirds
- 3-4 T. chopped red onion
- 1 large Ruby Red or Pink Grapefruit, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 3 C. mixed greens, or spinach
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Ruby Red Grapefruit Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- ¼ C. The Olive Tap’s Sorrento Orange Olive Oil
- juice of half of the grapefruit
- salt & pepper to taste
Peel the grapefruit and cut in half. Cut half of the grapefruit into cubes (discard pith if desired); squeeze the juice from the other half into small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the shrimp, red onion, grapefruit and avocado.
For the dressing: Whisk together grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add olive oil, whisking constantly until blended.
Place salad greens on two plates or salad bowls. Drizzle with Ruby Red Grapefruit Balsamic dressing. Serve and enjoy! Serves two