Ruby Red Tuscan Shrimp
This simple yet elegant recipe requires few ingredients and yet tastes like you spent hours preparing it. I love the sweet tart balance of the Tuscan herbs and tart grapefruit but any citrus vinegar would work. An Olive Tap Recipe Contest 1st Place Winner!
- 3 T. The Olive Tap’s Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 C. heavy cream
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ¼ C. Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 t. Rosemary, minced
- ¼ C. Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tablespoons The Olive Tap’s Ruby Red Grapefruit Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C. Asiago Cheese, grated
- 8 oz. Fettuccini, cooked according to package directions
Grill or broil shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until pink. Drizzle cooked shrimp with vinegar and set aside. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add rosemary and slowly add cream. Heat until sauce is starting to bubble. Add tomatoes and shrimp. Heat about 1 or 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add basil. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
An Original Recipe by Darlene Buerger, Arizona
Recipe Contest Winner: 1st Place Entree