Spicy Shrimp Crostini
These small bites are easy to put together, and great for parties!
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp (cooked) and very coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes or chili flakes
- 4 T. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T. The Olive Tap’s Premium White Balsamic Vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. finely chopped parsley
- 1 loaf of French bread (Baguette)
- 1 C. The Olive Tap’s 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 C. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padana cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
For the Homemade Crostini:
Slice bread 1/3 inch thick. Mix together EVOO, cheese, garlic, and pepper. Brush both sides of bread with mixture. Toast the bread under a broiler till lightly golden on each side. Allow to cool.
Combine shrimp with onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in parsley. Spoon shrimp mixture onto Crostini.
Serve cool or at room temperature.